Sunday 17 May 2009

New writing blog - introduction

I deleted the old one because it wasn't working the way I hoped. Mostly because my priorities changed. I'm no longer concentrating on just one project, so I thought a more generalised writing blog was called for.

So what will you find here?

  1. General stuff about my writing projects. What I'm writing and how the projects are going and if I ever manage to get anything published. *laughs*
  2. Reviews of writing books I've read.
  3. Discussion of how I write and prepare for writing along with links to websites I've found useful. *Caveat - I'm not published, so please don't imagine I'm some sort of guru. I'm not, but amateurs can I have useful input too.)
  4. Reviews of novels I've read and (usually) liked. I add the like because I'll only review books I manage to finish and I generally only finish books I like (though there is one exception in the next few weeks). This is not to say I'll splurge at you about books I like. I can be rather hard on them even though I like them. Nothing and no one is perfect (though my first planned review is for one of my favourite novels of all time - The Weirdstone of Brisingham). My reviews will often be expansions of my Amazon reviews of the novels in question.
What won't you find here?

  1. Stuff about everyday life unless it impinges on my writing or I haven't blogged for a while and I stick up an explanatory post.
  2. Stuff about my adventures in growing my own veg (I'm making another blog for that)
  3. Stuff generally not related to reading or writing.
I have to say that I'm notoriously bad at updating my blogs regularly, but I am going to try and do better with this one.