Saturday 23 May 2009

Getting out to write

I like getting out of the house to write. As I said on Thursday sometimes getting out of my normal writing places spurs my creativity. It certainly did today when as planned I went to a coffee shop and wrote while having lunch. I only wrote a couple of hundred words before I had to leave and go and do my shopping but it was nice.

Other places I like to get out of the house to write in include on a bench in the local park when it's warm and sunny. Since this weekend is supposed to be a good one I may try that tomorrow. I've done some of my best writing in that park.

I'm trying to reach 2,000 words towards "The Opening" by the end of today and since I've already got to 1,600 I think I have a good chance of making that target. I hope I do, I'd hate to fall behind the targets I've given myself.

Now, in the interests of research I'm off to Google Dragon Sightings for there might be Dragons.